Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Module 9

Each module informs me of the changes that have been occurring for quite some time now. In fact for nearly all of my life we have been experiencing some sort of climate change. I have been listening to news reports about the concern of the permafrost topic, but without much interest on my part. After reading through the information and viewing the videos and sites, I have to say I have learned a great deal. I didn’t know that the melting permafrost could do so much devastation to our earth; for instance the “melting” coastlines and the sinking tundra. I had no idea! I have now made many connections to what we have read and been exposed to in the past modules and the importance being aware of the repercussions that humans have done to our environments. We have changed as a society immensely since I was born in the 70’s. From wood stoves to the dependent use of fuel back to the use of wood stoves. I also can see how the possession of an automobile would be a “privilege” and now each family has 1 or 2 or more! We—humans--- are reeking havoc on our world and I can now see it through this course more than ever!

I would love to create an age appropriate lesson on the climate change for my students. I absolutely love Teachers Domain and the great short clips that I can share with my students that are scientific based. I am feeling a final project coming on……..

Ice age, melting glacial ice, melting permafrost, sea levels rising; these are just a few of the things that I have learned about more in depth with this module. I didn’t realize that our state, our people are being tested to traumatically. This module was a great culmination to previous modules.

No comments:

Post a Comment